The Mesoamerican Society for Biology and Conservation – Belize Chapter is looking for abstracts for presentation at the 11th annual Natural Resource Management and Research Symposium. Abstracts may be for both oral and poster presentations discussing research, case studies, lessons learnt, and practical applications related to natural resources management and research in Belize.
The theme for this year’s symposium is:
“Making Scientific Data Available to Managers.”
Abstracts Submission: Deadline: 30th January 2018
- Abstracts should be submitted online (See form below)
- Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words.
- Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged electronically.
- The Abstract Submission Form should be filled out in sentence case.
- Author names should be submitted in Last Name, First Name format. (eg. Cayetano, Denver T.)
- Abstracts should be entered as plain text into the corresponding electronic fields. They must not include tables or figures. All abbreviations should be extrapolated on their first use.
- We recommend that you compose your abstract text in a word processor first and save a copy on your computer, then copy and paste the text into the form.
- All abstracts will be peer reviewed and scored by reviewers selected by the Scientific Committee. The Scientific Committee may accept, decline, or offer an opportunity to present the proposed work in a more appropriate format.
- Authors will be notified electronically of the status of their submission by 10th February 2018.
- Official language is English.
- 20 minutes per presentation including 5 minutes for a Q & A session.
- Posters should be prepared with the title of the presentation, author’s name(s) and affiliation(s).
- Recommended poster size is 24 X 36 inches. A poster presentation time will be allotted and announced in the symposium program.