10th Natural Resources Management and Research Symposium / 2nd Global Trees Symposium
PHOTO COMPETITION GUIDELINES
- The competition is open to any amateur photographer except those directly involved in the organisation and judging.
- Employees of sponsors who have not been directly involved in the organization of this competition are eligible to enter.
- The photographer must be 18 years or older.
- The photographer must be attending the MSBC´s Natural Resources Management and Research Symposium or be working in Belize.
- The photographer must be the author of the picture to submit in his/her name.
- The photographer can submit up to 2 pictures only.
- The picture must be under the theme: “People coexisting with nature”. (E.g. Someone fishing, timber harvesting).
- An image will be rejected if in the opinion of the judges it appears that the image has been taken in such a way that green law or animal welfare requirements may have been breached; protected species or habitats have been compromised; or the image has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
- Pictures can be submitted whether or not they have been published.
- Pictures must meet the following specifications:
- Must be in color
- Must be uploaded in .jpeg/.jpg format.
- Should be saved with a medium to high quality.
- Should be at least 3,000 pixels in length.
- Pictures must not show the name of the photographer, agency, or publication, or any other information (these details can be included in the metadata of the pictures but must not be visible on the picture itself). Borders, watermarks or signatures are not allowed
- All pictures must have accurate captions, written in English only.
- Only single exposure and single frame pictures will be accepted. The following are not accepted:
- Stitched panoramas, either produced in-camera or with image editing software.
- The content of a picture must not be altered by adding, rearranging, reversing, distorting or removing people and/or objects from within the frame. There are two exceptions:
- Cropping that removes extraneous details is permitted;
- Removing sensor dust or scratches on scans of negatives is permitted.
- Only entries submitted via email (email@example.com) with proper captions by midnight Tuesday March 27th 2017 will be accepted.
- The conditions set out in the Entry Rules are binding, and the MSBC-NRMR Symposium reserves the right to refuse or exclude any entry at its own discretion.
- A panel of experts will select images based on theme, quality, and creativity of composition.
- Judging will be anonymous.
- Judging will occur at the event by participants and a panel of judges.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be announced at the closing of the MSBC-NRMR Symposium.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
COPYRIGHT AND PERIMISSIONS
- Copyright holders retain copyright of their work. Copyright holders grant the MSBC-NRMR Symposium unlimited non-exclusive use of high-resolution pictures for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, reports, the public archive, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of the MSBC-NRMR Symposium, without any remuneration being due.
- The copyright holders represent and warrant that submission of the pictures does not breach any law, and further that no third party can hold any claims or any objections regarding the rights granted to MSBC-NRMR Symposium specified in article 1. The copyright holders will hold the MSBC-NRMR Symposium harmless of any claims from third parties related hereto.
- Judging will occur on at the event by participants and through a panel of judges.
- A panel of experts will select images during the last day of the event, based on theme, quality, and creativity of composition.
- The “People co-existing with nature” photo submission begins on March 20th 2017.
- Midnight Tuesday March 27th 2017 is the closing date for all photographers to submit their pictures.
- Voting by a panel of judges will happen on March 30th and March 31st at the event.
- Winners will be announced on March 31st at the closing of the event.